This safe travel guidance gives reliable and relevant information for Tanzania Covid 19 Updates.
Traveling to Tanzania, you must have a negative COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test result taken in the 72 hours before your arrival, complete the Ministry of Health’s online surveillance form in the 24 hours before arrival and take a quick test upon arrival. We will make every attempt to assist you if you require consular assistance while oversea
Confirm COVID-19 information and requirements with J.M Tours Team and your airline(s) ahead of travel. We take safety and security very seriously, and in our Travel Advice, we give reliable and relevant information to help you make well-informed decisions about your travel trip.
Tanzania is safe and welcoming to all visitors around the world
Arrival To Entry point in Tanzania
- Must complete an online Traveler’s Surveillance Form (https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/). This form must be submitted no more than 24 hours before arrival.
- Whether foreign nationals or returning residents will be required to present a negative COVID 19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Tanzania.
- Will also be subjected to a rapid COVID 19 test on arrival at their own expense. The cost of the rapid COVID 19 test is USD 25 and must be paid in cash.
- Children 10 years old and below are exempted from COVID 19 testing requirements.
The Government of Tanzania is also implementing temperature scanning for all international passengers arriving in Tanzania.
- Travelers will be provided with health information cards with toll-free numbers and advised to self-monitor themselves for symptoms and signs.
- There is no isolation period required for people without symptoms upon arrival. In the case that the traveler develops COVID-19, they will be tested and treated at designated health facilities at their own cost.
Departure From Tanzania
- Requirements for travelers departing Tanzania will be in line with the requirements issued by the travelers’ respective airline or destination country.
- COVID-19 PCR testing is currently available at: Tests cost $50 and the results will be back in 48 hours. The facilities in the Serengeti and Karatu have a small additional fee and will email the results. The test fee is payable in cash.
- The Tanzanian government has established medical facilities and ambulance networks specifically for tourists (Serengeti, Karatu, Moshi, Arusha, Dar Es Salaam, and Zanzibar)
Please keep in mind that all travelers should have to undertake COVID-19 testing at least three days prior to departure. (Depending on the airline and destination country’s standards) to ensure that test results are obtained in a timely manner.
We ask you to either have medical insurance or to sign a waiver accepting financial responsibility in case of emergency.
Kindly refer to www.traveldoc.aero for details related to country covid requirements.
Tanzania is not an at-risk country for Yellow Fever. Vaccination is not required and is not recommended. HOWEVER, if you will be in an at-risk country for more than 12 hours then immunization is essential before entering Tanzania. It is important to note that the immunization must be received at least 7 days prior to arrival. Kenya is a high-risk country, so you’ll need to get vaccinated if you want to fly into Nairobi and ride a shuttle to Tanzania.