Spectacular Tarangire Wildlife Safaris
Embark on an unforgettable journey through Tanzania’s stunning landscapes, diverse wildlife, and rich cultures with expertly guided Tarangire wildlife safaris and customizable tours designed to provide a one-of-a-kind experience.
From majestic elephants to vibrant bird life and Maasai culture, Tarangire National Park covers a total area of 2583 square kilometers and offers a unique window into Africa’s natural, cultural heritage, and top Tanzania Tour that will leave you breathless with wonder and awe.
The Best Time to Visit Tarangire
A simple drive of 118 km (75 miles) southwest of Arusha and can continue to Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, and the Serengeti National Park.
Tarangire Wildlife Safaris can be quite hot during the day, so it’s recommended to bring plenty of water and dress in light, breathable clothing.
Additionally, early morning and late afternoon game drives can be quite chilly, so it’s a good idea to bring a warm layer.
- June to October (the dry season): Tarangire hosts a wildlife migration that is not as dramatic as the Wildebeest Migration in the Serengeti but receives a somewhat large number of animals
- November to May (The wetter months): Visitors are fewer and the local wildlife more dispersed, with water easily found around the park
What to do in Tarangire?
There are several activities you can enjoy during your visit to Tarangire National Park, including:
- Game Drives: Game drives are the most popular activity in Tarangire Wildlife Safaris. Visitors can explore the park with experienced guides in search of wildlife, and see animals such as elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras, and more.
- Walking Safaris: Walking safaris offer a unique opportunity to experience the park on foot and see wildlife up close in a more natural setting. Walking safaris are usually accompanied by experienced rangers and Maasai guides.
- Cultural Tours: Visitors can learn about the local Maasai culture and traditions through cultural tours that include visits to Maasai villages, markets, and traditional bomas (enclosed livestock pens).
- Birdwatching: Tarangire is a birdwatcher’s paradise, with over 500 species of birds. Guided birdwatching tours can be arranged in the park.
- Night Game Drives: Night game drives offer a different perspective on the park and allow visitors to see nocturnal animals such as leopards, hyenas, and bush babies.
- Landscape photography: The park offers spectacular opportunities for wildlife and landscape photography. The park’s dramatic baobab trees and scenic vistas make for an unforgettable Tanzania Tour.
- Hot Air Balloon Safari: A hot air balloon safari provides a unique and unforgettable perspective on the park and its wildlife. Visitors can take to the skies and enjoy a bird’s eye view of the park’s landscapes and animals.
Wildlife Safari To Tarangire
1 Day Tarangire SafariFrom$166
A guided Tarangire tour to a 1-day wildlife safari experience from Arusha City.
2 Days Safari CostsFrom$460
Get the best 2 Days Safari Costs to visit Lake Manyara National Park and Tarangire National Park.
2 Days Safari CostFrom$555
This 2 Days Cost allows you to explore as many animals as possible in Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater.
3 Days SafariFrom$829
Are you looking for 3 Days Safaris, 2 nights price offers? You are on the right hand
7 Days Safari HolidaysFrom$1,643
This is the 7 day safari holiday to visit the most famous parks of Tanzania (Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater) and have a few days on Zanzibar Island
6-Day Great Migration SafariFrom$2,115
From December to January, February, and early March, you will experience a 6-day Great migration safari.
8 Days Tour ExperiencesFrom$2,238
The best 8 days tour experience of Lake Natron full of flamingos and Tarangire National Park game drives.
8 Days Safari CostFrom$2,595
This 8 Days Safari Cost goes to Lake Manyara, Olduvai Gorge, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and Tarangire
10-Day Safari CostFrom$3,430
This 10-day safari cost includes a trip to Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, and Zanzibar.
Why Visit Tarangire National Park?
Tarangire Wildlife Safari boasts an impressive array of animals, including impalas, elands, buffaloes, giraffes, reedbuck, gazelles, kudus, and on rare occasions, gerenuks and fringe-eared oryx. Elephants, wildebeests, and zebras gather in large numbers, while predators like lions, leopards, hyenas, and cheetahs roam the open areas.
The park’s unique tree-climbing pythons, lions, and leopards can be seen lounging in sausage trees, camouflaged by the fruit.
Tarangire Wildlife Safaris is a birdwatcher’s paradise with over 550 species identified. Visitors can spot the beautiful yellow-collared lovebirds, shy starlings, Kori bustards, the stocking-thighed ostrich, and ground hornbills, among others, in the park’s diverse habitats, from drier ground to lush wetlands.
The park’s vegetation includes lush elephant grass, mixed acacia woodlands, and ribbons of aquatic forest. The park’s giant baobab trees can live up to 600 years and store between 300 and 900 liters of water. Tanzania Tour during the dry season, wide swamps in the south dry up into green plains.
Tarangire’s river attracts wildebeests, elephants, gazelles, zebras, hartebeests, buffaloes, and predators like lions. The river flows northwards and exits the park in the northwestern corner, pouring into Lake Burunge.
Are you looking for real adventure in Africa, Tanzania is the ideal to visit Lake Natron – Flamingos Paradise, landscape, & authentic culture
Lake Manyara National Park Safari – offers you wilderness experience in diverse habitats, from its Rift Valley soda lake with pink flamingo.
Tanzania’s bowl of paradise, home to wildlife, tribes, Edenic landscapes and biosphere reserve - Nevertheless, due to the ancient presence of Maasai people, the area remains nature’s paradise.
Join us on a safari and explore the endless Serengeti plains dotted with trees and kopje from which majestic lions control their kingdom
Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro (best price) - J.M Tour Ltd provides guides, chefs, and porters, as well as camping gear, full meals, and water.
Zanzibar Island is known as Africa’s tropical paradise that offers laid-back beach, miles and miles of white sandy beaches dotted with palm trees
Are you looking for a game drive in Arusha? Arusha National Park is a multi-faceted jewel, often overlooked by safari goers, despite offering the opportunity to explore.
Home to the Hadzabe bushmen and Datoga tribes, Lake Eyasi is one of the few places remaining in Africa where tribal life is still maintained relatively untouched by the development of the region.