White Sand Beaches
Zanzibar Island is the semi-autonomous part of Tanzania in East Africa, offering the world’s most beautiful beaches. Zanzibar is located in the Indian Ocean, and consists of many small islands and two large ones: Unguja – the main island, referred to informally as Zanzibar and Pemba. The capital is Zanzibar City, located on the island of Unguja. Its historic center is Stone Town, which is a World Heritage Site. These islands are also called the Spice Islands because of their rich history in the spice trade and many spice plantations.
- Total surface 1554 square kilometers (965 mi)
- 85 km (53 mi) long and 20-30 km (12-19 mi) wide
- Zanzibar lies 25 – 50 km (16-31 mi) off the coast of the mainland
- Population: 1,3 million
- Language: Swahili & English
- Currency: Tanzanian Shilling
Zanzibar Highlights - Experiences
Zanzibar Beaches: Crystal white sandy beaches
Zanzibar Island is known as Africa’s tropical paradise that offers laid-back beach, miles, and miles of white sandy beaches dotted with palm trees, surrounded by the clear azure water of the Indian Ocean life
Here are the Zanzibar Beaches:
- Nungwi Beach in the north
- Kendwa Beach in the north-west
- Matemwe Beach in the north-east
- Kiwengwa and Pongwe beach in the east
- Paje Beach in the southeast
- Kizimkazi Beach in the south
The old Stone Town is an amazing mix of cultures. Food lovers and culture enthusiasts can visit interesting cultural places like Sultan’s Palace, the House of Wonders, and Darajani or Forodhani food markets. You can go on a Spice Tour or explore the amazing coral reefs and swim among tropical reef fish. The opportunities are endless. Zanzibar Island has all the ingredients to make a memorable holiday.
Zanzibar Excursions & Activities: Things To DO
- Spice Tour: walk with a professional guide through working plantations offer visitors the chance to observe the cultivation of cloves, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and other spices that have made the island famous
- Stone Town Tour: stroll through the narrow streets of this lively town and visit some local markets and the former slave market.
- Prisoner Island Excursion: this tour takes 30 min – boat trip to this island, which once was a place where slaves were detained. Nowadays it is a nature reserve for giant tortoises and a place to see the ruins of the former prison.
- Safari Blue: during this excursion, you visit 3 islands where you can swim, snorkel and have a nice BBQ.
- Tour to Jozani forest: a great jungle walk through the last indigenous forest in Zanzibar with lots of monkeys, like the rare red colobus monkeys.
- Cultural Tour: this excursion gives you an insight into the way of life of the local people.
- Scuba Diving at one of the many great reefs.
- Kitesurfing: this can be done at the beaches of Paje, Kiwengwa, and Nungwi.
- Mnemba Island Tour: snorkeling trip to the most popular snorkeling spot in Zanzibar.
Zanzibar Tour Packages
This is the 7 day safari holiday to visit the most famous parks of Tanzania (Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater) and have a few days on Zanzibar Island
5 Days in Zanzibar Island to enjoy beach vacations that include mid-range lodging, holiday tours, and excursions at reasonable pricing
Are you looking for real adventure in Africa, Tanzania is the ideal to visit Lake Natron – Flamingos Paradise, landscape, & authentic culture
Lake Manyara National Park Safari – offers you wilderness experience in diverse habitats, from its Rift Valley soda lake with pink flamingo.
Tanzania’s bowl of paradise, home to wildlife, tribes, Edenic landscapes and biosphere reserve - Nevertheless, due to the ancient presence of Maasai people, the area remains nature’s paradise.
Join us on a safari and explore the endless Serengeti plains dotted with trees and kopje from which majestic lions control their kingdom
Tarangire National Parks offers unlimited Safari tour to see highest population density of elephants and many more wildlife
Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro (best price) - J.M Tour Ltd provides guides, chefs, and porters, as well as camping gear, full meals, and water.
Zanzibar Island is known as Africa’s tropical paradise that offers laid-back beach, miles and miles of white sandy beaches dotted with palm trees
Are you looking for a game drive in Arusha? Arusha National Park is a multi-faceted jewel, often overlooked by safari goers, despite offering the opportunity to explore.
Home to the Hadzabe bushmen and Datoga tribes, Lake Eyasi is one of the few places remaining in Africa where tribal life is still maintained relatively untouched by the development of the region.